Calgary Centre of Sexuality
- Gender Creative Families: support group for families and caregivers of gender creative children, up to age 14. Free childcare available. More information HERE.
- Supports for youth and families such as a specialized counselor available for LGBTQ2S+ youth and families. More comprehensive information HERE about the supports they offer.
Skipping Stone Foundation
- Individual Peer Support: individuals are matched with peer mentors who have similar lived experiences. Could be youth to youth, adult to adult, or parent to parent. Often done online. More information HERE.
- Trans healthcare: connecting people with access to trans healthcare (hormone replacement therapy starts, surgical referrals, etc.) Includes mental health. Available over the phone. More information HERE.
- System Navigation: connecting people with affirming medical and mental health professionals across the province. Can help in navigating public systems including gender marker amendments, ID changes, etc. More information HERE.
- Gender affirming gear: provides gender affirming gear free of cost alongside youth peer mentorship. More information HERE.
- Metta Gender Clinic: offers healthcare for trans youth in Alberta such as hormone replacement therapy. Only option to get hormone/puberty suppressants. More information HERE.
- Trans Families: 3rd Wednesday of the month. 6:30 to 8:30pm. Facilitated by parents for parents. More information HERE.
- Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG): Last Wednesday of the month. 6:30 to 8:30pm. More information HERE.
- Inside Out: fun and casual support group for youth (13 to 18). More information HERE.
- My Best Friend’s Closet: free stylish clothing for girls (ages 12 to 18) with financial barriers. Trans inclusive!
- Contact them HERE to book a 90 minute personal style consultation!
Airdrie Pride Society: Parenting with Pride
- Families, come and find friendly faces who have walked a similar path, and find the support you need in your unique reality of raising a child who identifies as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or is questioning their identity or orientation.
- More information about location and times HERE.
OUTreach Southern Alberta: Parents of LGBTQ Kids Group
- Peer-led support group for parents with LGBTQ+ children. Join to learn, discuss and share your experiences.
- McKillop United Church, 2329 15 Ave S., 6:30 – 7:30pm.
- More information on their website HERE or check out their events page HERE.
YQueerL Society for Change: Parent Social Action Group
- Workshops for parents of trans/gender non-conforming children. A group to empower parents to be advocates for their children.
- Bi -weekly on Sundays, 2-4pm, Lethbridge Public Library.
- Free childcare, snacks, transportation costs reimbursed.
- More information on their Facebook event HERE.
Taber Equality Alliance
- Youth Groups (ages 13 to 24) on the 4th Wednesday of every month. 3:30pm at local library (5415 5th Ave, Taber, AB).
- Monthly meetings on 3rd Wednesday of every month. 6pm at Anglican Church St. Theodore’s.
- More information & updates on their Facebook HERE.